The CFFO is a general farm organization for family farmers promoting family enterprise, resource stewardship, family values and rural community economic development. It focuses on sustainable family farm businesses and quality farm family life.
- 1954 – The Christian Farmers Federation of Ontario was founded in March, 1954 in Ontario by 12 Christian farmers.
- 1960 – The Federation first hired part-time staff during the late 1960s.
- 1971 – Full-time staff was hired in 1971. Membership grew steadily from 100 to 600. Staff expanded to the equivalent of four full-time positions.
- 1980 – The 1980s were a period of membership stability: 600-625. The Federation’s involvement in public policy issues grew dramatically. Participation in national and international issues were added to the agenda.
- 2000 – Present. Today, the CFFO membership represents over 4,000 family farms. It includes full-time commercial family farm entrepreneurs, part-time, hobby and life-style farmers. The CFFO has grown from four district associations to 21, has regular province-wide meetings and educational sessions for all its membership.