Career Posting: Agriculture Communications Intern
The Christian Farmers Federation of Ontario (CFFO) develops and advocates for sound social, economic, and environmental policy for all farmers, based on Christian stewardship principles.
The Agricultural Communications Internship is a paid position. The successful applicant will gain experience working in a not-for-profit in the Ontario agriculture sector and will play a key role in the organization’s communications work, policy development, and member services.
N.B. This position is offered, in part, through the Career Focus Program of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada. Applicants for the CFFO Internship must be 30 years or younger, unemployed or underemployed, a university graduate in the last three calendar years, and a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. Applicants must not have not participated in any other Youth Employment Strategy program (that is, Agricultural Youth Green Job’s Initiative).
Hours per week: 36.25
Start Date: May 1, 2018 – April 30, 2019
Application Deadline: February 19, 2018
Key Activities of the Internship:
- Communicate with members and industry partners through social media channels
- Write a monthly editorial commentary
- Develop short videos and other promotional materials
- Represent CFFO at farm shows and other industry events
- Research and prepare policy statements on selected agricultural policy issues and present key information for discussion at internal meetings
- Organize and facilitate summer events for CFFO membership
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent research, analysis, and critical thinking skills; familiarity with policy writing an asset
- Experience in use of various media; experience in marketing an asset
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Familiarity with Ontario agriculture an asset
How to Apply:
Submit resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com no later than February 19, 2018.