Approach to Farming
- We see a role for each farmer to safeguard our foodland resource, to share in the development of appropriate technology and to protect the quality and diversity of plant and animal life.
- We seek opportunities for many farm families to adopt a God-honouring family way of life in agriculture.
- We see farmers and their organizations taking increasing responsibility for the management of public support for agriculture and the marketing of our products.
- As marketers, we see a responsibility to consumers both in Canada and elsewhere.
- We see Canadians able to pay for food so that full-time family farmers will earn enough for their reasonable costs and a Canadian standard of living.
- As Ontarians, we see ourselves sharing markets with farmers across Canada but not competing with the treasuries of other provinces or those of other nations.
- We believe that exports should receive a fair world market price.